This was my second year having the opportunity to speak at WordCamp Miami, one of the largest WordCamps in North America. My talk this year was about creating multilingual websites using WordPress. This is a topic I felt was really appropriate for Miami, given a large percentage of its population speaks Spanish first.
The slides from my presentation are available through Slideshare, here:
In the talk, I mention many plugins and tools available to help create your multilingual WordPress site. I thought I’d compile the links for you here.
- Translate WordPress: Home of WordPress Translation Project
- WordPress Translator’s Handbook
- WPML (Content Translation Plugin)
- qTranslateX (Content Translation Plugin)
- Babble (Content Translation Plugin)
- Multisite Language Switcher
- Zanto WP Translation for Multisites
- Loco Translate (PO File Editing Plugin)
- POEdit (Desktop PO File Editor for Windows, Mac & Linux)
Thank you to everyone who came out to hear me speak. If you have any questions, please ask.
[…] Source: Creating a WordPress Website in Multiple Languages – Shawn Hooper – WordPress Developer &… […]